Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nike Woman role models.

After viewing a few commercials for research for my paper I came across one that was interesting and much like the commercial i initially used in essay one. This commercial was a Nike one, its about female athletes going extensive lengths to be the best and to beat the "girls aren't good at sports" stereotype. These Ladies gave a quick talk about how trying your best and not giving up can lead to great lengths, you just got to start somewhere. It goes great for my expansion essay because it gives me more evidence to how "Women's Women's and Men's Women" have generally changed throughout the years. It give me more leeway to talk about how Steve Craig's definitions of those types of people are different now. The commercial sticks out to me because it can be indicated that these females in the commercial are not only women's women but also men's women. The women appeal both to men and women for several reasons, which is good because i can explain them in my essay to give it more body and length.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your expansion. Great way to get started! I believe it applies to both Women's Women and Women's Men. They don't always just try to grasp women but also men. These commercials take place on making a lot of women to feel insecure about themselves. I believe not all women have the time to get up and work out, but all these commercials and advertisements say otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This commercial is a great example for your expansion essay. I have to agree with you Brittney. This commercial fits your direction in stating how Steve Craig's definitions aren't up to date anymore. Women have changed along with the perspective of them as well. This commercial gives you the evidence you need to support that claim.

    ReplyDelete