Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Why do i always forget to do my blogs!! ):

After reading chapter 9 in "They Say I Say" by Tim O'brian he explained that when writing your essays its okay to use everyday slang as long as you now your audiences. He also explained that adding these words or phrases can add power and credibility to your essays making them more interesting for the readers.

I was always told not house any form of slang throughout my whole learning career, so I always tried to stay away from that all in all. Which kind of brings my to a confusion because all my english teachers were very different yet similar in some cases. They always saying to " do this and forget what you learned last year" Being a student I listen and do whatever my current teachers says in order to do well in the class. But after reading "They Say I Say" i feel like its such a great tool for me to improve my writing skills when writing essays. It really helped me with quotes and i really like the phrase of a "quotation sandwich" thats something i can never forget in my writing now. I hope to learn more and more interesting and helpful things reading that book, because i do want to become a well writer which has always been a a struggle for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you when you said that you listen to whatever your current teacher has to say. Whenever a writing assignment was given in high school, I would normally put about 50% if not less effort into the assignment itself and come out of it with a high B or an A. It wasn't until college that I actually began to be challenged and helped to improve.

    ReplyDelete