Saturday, October 25, 2014

Not this time.

After reading "The things they carried" i had a lot more understanding of military thoughts and actions. Yes I've never been in the military nor have i talked to anyone that has either. I really enjoyed learning the things that some of the military men carried. I like knowing that no matter how hard their missions are they still like to bring sentimental items even though they're heavy and might slow them down. It also ensures that some people have issues and choose to cater to them differently. Also the leadership skills and how the leader of the group always feels responsible for every little thing that happens no matter what the circumstances are. After reading this story it also made me wonder… what would i bring or carry with me. I though about it for a while and it would most likely be a locket that my mom gave me when i was a little kid. Being forced into the military also sounds like a scary experience. I wouldn't want to have to do something i didn't want to do in the first place, but sometimes i guess you have to do what you have to do.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Brittney about how it would be very frightening to be forced into the military. I shouldn't be forced into something that I'm not willingly wanting to go into. I mean I shouldn't even be getting forced into it in the first place! I was also thinking about what sentimental item I would want to bring and I can honestly say I can't choose just one item because I would want to bring an item for each person to remember them for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney,
    I completely agree with you as well as Bianca that the joining the military would be a frightening experience. I have a few close friends that have joined. I find it very inspiring and almost humbling that they would give up their normal everyday life to protect our country. I believe that these men carry such sentimental items to almost comfort themselves in such a scary situation. I could never imagine going through such awful experiences, and I am very thankful that we have such brave men and women willing to go through such things for our freedom.
    -Elizabeth Conti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittney,
    It is so true that military is a 'scary experience' because you never know if you ever gonna return back home. We never think about the military people protecting us on the borders while we watch TV and they don;t even have anything to eat or drink. But still they carry small things with them to make themselves feel relived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittney M,
    I really enjoyed reading your post! having an older brother in the military, me and him have gone back and forth talking about enemy lines, what goes on in foreign countries and what is the one thing that makes him go on through out his life. for my brother, the number one thing he looks forward to when he is out at war , are the letters he receives from his wife . he talks about the smell of her perfume that comes from the military mail bag.. all the men huddling around as if it was christmas . thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete